Here at the PrizeFinder we like our members to win prizes, and currently...
ThePrizeFinder.com is a brand managed by Accolade Publishing Limited (“Accolade” or “We”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the Data Controller is Accolade Publishing Ltd. We are registered in England Company No. 05228102, our registered office is King’s Buildings, Lydney, Gloucestershire GL15 5HE.
Information we may collect from you
ThePrizeFinder.com is keen to ensure that the principals of our opt-in when your data is collected are clearly explained. The information you volunteer to ThePrizeFinder.com and that Accolade holds about you, will be shared and used to appropriately target offers and marketing communication from ThePrizeFinder.com, from our clients, from our selected third party partners and from Accolade and its other brands. Marketing communication may be through email, mailing, telemarketing, SMS/MMS and door-to-door canvassing, depending on which contact channel information you have volunteered. You may also receive marketing calls via automated voice broadcast over the telephone. Some questions on our Registration Form are specific to our named sponsors, and by expressing a positive interest in their brand or products you are also agreeing to contact from them. By volunteering your phone number you are agreeing to telephone contact by these named sponsors. You may subsequently need to contact these named sponsor brands directly if in the future you decide to opt-out of further communication from these brands.
- By filling in forms on our site www.ThePrizeFinder.com (“our site”). We may collect and process the following data about you. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- Your data may be used for analytical purposes. Your data may also be used in conjunction with data we may have received from other sources in order to improve personalised and targeted communications, and we may share information with other companies for the same reason.
- Your data may be shared and combined with other companies who hold your personal data, and we may use information from other sources to add to data we already hold. This information may help us to improve our ability to service your needs on a personalised basis, by helping us to learn more about you and your purchasing habits and allowing us to let you know about offers you might be interested in.
- Your data may be used for data validation, enhancement, information verification, suppression, tracing and to the extent permitted by law, individual reference or lookup services, by Accolade and third parties.
- Please remember that you can de-register from ThePrizeFinder.com at any time (see Deregistration below). Furthermore you can request suppression of your details from Accolade’s database if you would prefer us not to use your information for any of the above.
- You can also request to know what personal information Accolade holds about you, by writing in person to us at the address below asking for subject access request.
- Accolade may also receive information about you when you register on one of our affiliate or partner sites, or when you take part in a special promotion for one of these affiliates or partners. If you have registered with ThePrizeFinder.com through one of our third party partner sites, it is possible that the third party site may also retain your data, but only in accordance with the terms and conditions as published by them on their site.
IP addresses and cookies
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file that a website downloads to your computer. Cookies allow websites to tailor their operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by remembering information about your preferences.
The Cookies used on ThePrizeFinder
These two cookies are needed to log in to the site, set preferences (eg. the number of competitions per page) and allow you to keep track of which comps you have entered (the cookie names will contain different numbers):
We also use these four cookies to tell us which pages on the site are being used and how many people are viewing them. This data is completely anonymous and helps us improve our website:
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or
- which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by e-mail, phone, post or SMS with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data the order form or registration form.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell any business or assets we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at:
Accolade Publishing Limited
64 Clarendon Road
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your details will then be suppressed and ThePrizeFinder.com will send no further email communication.
Although we endeavour to ensure the security of all correspondence, the Internet is not a 100% secure medium. Therefore, we are unable to guarantee the security of any data you send electronically to ThePrizeFinder.com and are unable to accept responsibility for any loss or damage experienced through any loss of confidentiality of your information.
Right of transfer
Should ThePrizeFinder.com or Accolade choose to sell or transfer business assets, it is possible that the information we hold may be transferred as part of the transaction. ThePrizeFinder.com or Accolade may choose to retain a copy of the information post sale or transfer.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We are keen to promote the best interests of consumers and how their personal data is used. If you would like to know more about how your information can be utilised, how you can restrict its use, who has access and a wide range of other aspects, we suggest you refer to the following sources:
For further information please write to:
Accolade Publishing Limited
64 Clarendon Road