Have you noticed lots more competitions popping up on Pinterest lately? They make a refreshing change from the Facebook Like & Shares or the one click Roboform entries, and as they have much lower entry numbers they can be a great source of prizes for those with a bit of time and imagination!
We've produced a detailed PDF guide with advice on how to get started at http://bit.ly/CompGuidePinterest, and here are a few of our top tips:
- Be sure to connect your Twitter account, Facebook account, or both. You can't send messages on Pinterest and promoters regularly get blocked from commenting too much, so will try to contact you via your linked accounts.
- Turn on 'comments notifications' in your Pinterest settings - if you get a comment to say you've won, you'll want to be emailed about it.
- If entering a competition where the winning board is judged, set up your entry as one of your Secret Boards, and make it public just before the competition closes. This means nobody can steal your ideas!
- Make sure your pins and boards look beautiful and are good quality. Pinterest is visual and full of great photography - don't pin tiny images from a Google search.
- Even if the rules don't mention it, always leave a comment on the competition pin or tweet the promoter with a link to your board to make sure they see it. Like Twitter, tracking entries via hashtag or repins can be unreliable.
- Plan before you pin - if the rules say you must pin 3 images from a website and then add your own pins, don’t pin all three at once so they appear at the bottom of your board. Mix them up amongst your other pins.
We've listed a few Pinterest comps here on The PrizeFinder site if you want to give it a try - happy pinning!
Win tickets to an advance screening of Steve Coogan's new film 'The Look of Love' in London on 24 April. Create a Pinterest board inspired by the film and tweet the link to Grazia magazine.
Click here for more details - ends 19.4 at noon.
Pin ten Poundland items to your 'Gardening ideas' board and you could win £250 of Poundland vouchers
Click here for more details - ends 21.4
Create a 'Harpers Bazaar Flowers' moodboard and you could win a £200 London tea Company hamper
Click here for more details - ends 22.4
Win £150 to spend on your home at Atelier Abigail Ahern with Ratedpeople.com. This is a simple random draw - repin as many photos as you like from their Pinterest board to enter.
Click here for more details - ends 30.4
Win £250 to spend at Made.com if Love Chic Living decide yours is the best 'room makeover' board!
Click here for more details - ends 5.5
Surfdome are giving away a different 'key piece' from their clothing range every week - to enter, just Pin from their Facebook app and complete your details.
Click here for more details - you can enter every week, ends 23.5
Valley Optics are giving away a pair of D&G glasses. It's Rafflecopter entry, but you must create a Pinterest board and leave a link before you can access bonus entries!
Click here for more details - ends 30.6
Good luck - and let us know if you win with your pin!