Hello everyone! How was your weekend, any nice wins to report? Not doing too badly so far this month – 14 wins at last count! Mainly small things like choccies from the M&S Pass the Parcel game, a tub of Berocca energy tablets and a pack of Cadbury Snowbites. But since we last spoke I have had some nice larger wins too – a lifetime membership to QHotrls Breakaway service from their advent, a PL-UG den building kit from a blog comp, a Cineworld ticket from Dr Pepper on Twitter and a Tinkerbell dress and DVD set from a Twitter party hosted by a blogger. Am very happy with how the advents are going so far this year, even if I am not spending anywhere near as long actually comping as I am working and juggling everything else haha. How are your advent wins stacking up this year?
One way we can all try and shift the odds in our favour when entering comps this time of year is to enter less of the standard prize draw and social media comps, and more of the effort-required creative comps. With that in mind here is a round up of some of the best current competitions that require a little more effort or skill:
- A new iPad Air is on the top of lots of Christmas lists this year. Enter the Community Channel’s competition and you could be bagging yourself one! In their “Do something Brilliant” promotion they are asking people to take a photo of “Something Brilliant” in their community and submit it via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using the #SomethingBrilliant hashtag by 17:00 on 16th December 2014. Share a photo of the best of your local community, and you could be winning big.
- Would you like to win your pet a Christmas treat this year? StyleTails are giving away a luxury Christmas gift for cats or dogs in their current competition, and to enter all you need to do is take a photo of your pet looking festive! To enter you will need to Like their Facebook page and enter your details via the form. The winning dog will receive a luxury woollen sweater and snood worth £74, and the winning cat will win themselves a luxury cat gift box including a leather collar worth £65. Entries close at midnight on 18th December 2014.
- Christmas crackers are a great part of the festive season, and the jokes always cause a chuckle, if only for being so bad! If your little one has a favourite Christmas joke why not submit it to the Here and Now blog as a comment, and you could be winning a Chocolate Indulgence Parcel from Pamper Parcels. The competition ends at midnight on 19th December 2014.
- Do you have a favourite Christmas Jumper that you loving get out this time of year – we all do! There are always some great competitions that require you to submit photos of you in your Christmas jumper, so they can be a good investment. One such is the Mobile Phones Direct competition where you could be winning great prizes such as an LG G3 handset, an iPod Shuffle or iTunes vouchers. To enter submit a photo of you in your favourite festive knit via Facebook by midnight on 22nd December 2014. The first prize will be judged by the promoter.
- Does the winter weather stop you in your tracks, or do you carry on with your favourite activities as usual? If you are hard core and brave some traditional summer activities during the winter, you could be winning the Virgin Holidays “#BoldInTheCold” competition They are giving away a 5 night holiday for 4 people to Dubai including a stay at Atlantis The Palm on a B&B basis with economy flights. To enter you need to submit a photo or video of you doing sizzling summer activities in the winter via Twitter, Instagram or Vine using #BoldInTheCold, or via the website. The competition ends at midnight on 24th December 2014.
- We love a bit of baking over Christmas, how about you? If you fancy creating a gingerbread masterpiece you could be winning one of five £100 Tesco gift cards in the Tesco Real Food competition! Pick up a pre-made gingerbread template or create your own, assemble your creation and upload a photo of it on Twitter, Instagram or via the website using #GingerbreadAllTheWay by 23:59 on 24th December 2014.
Happy creative comping everyone, and lots of Lucky Dust to you all!