Well, Spring seems to have sprung, Summer isn’t too much of a distant dot on the horizon these days, which can only mean one thing – Festivals, Bank Holidays & Music Events! Summer for me is synonymous with live music – everything from the biggest festivals in the country such as Glastonbury and Bestival, to enjoying local live bands playing around town and in favourite beer gardens. There are heaps of good comps around for music fans at the moment - here is a selection of some of the best:
- Do you love blogging? Well, Bank Fashion have the competition for you! You and a friend will get the chance to become their Festival Insider at 3 mystery European festivals! You will be the eyes and ears of Bank, and report back on the music, the fashion and the vibe! To enter this amazing competition, you need to write a festival-themed blog – the more creative the better! Visit their website for full details. Entries close on Friday 9th May 29014 so get your blogging caps on!
- Fancy seeing Little Mix at the O2 in London on Sunday 25th May 2014? Head over to the Danilo website and answer the question “Which Little Mix member got engaged to One Direction member Zayn Malik in 2013” (our advice a) Perrie Edwards) and you could be in the running to win 1 of 2 pairs of tickets! Entries close at 23:59 on Sunday 11th May 2014.
- Are you a Scottish music-lover? How about seeing Biffy Clyro, Calvin Harris and Arctic Monkeys at T in The Park! The Female First website is running a competition to win a pair of weekend camping tickets for the festival. Just pop to the website, answer the question “which superstar Scottish DJ is headlining Saturday night at T in the Park” (our advice - b) Calvin Harris) and you are in with a chance of winning! Entries close at 23:59 on Friday 23rd May 2014.
- Like your music a bit more rock n roll? The Echo Arena in Liverpool may have just the comp for you – a pair of tickets to see Showaddywaddy in concert! Simply answer the question “What anniversary have Showaddywaddy recently celebrated?” (our advice – c) 40th) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Showaddywaddy’” along with your contact details by 17:00 on Monday 27th October 2014.
- In need of a fix of retro classics, musical theatre sing-a-longs and tunes guaranteed to get everyone moving – well, Tom Jones, Michael Ball, Atomic Kitten and Heather Small to name but a few are playing at the Lytham Proms 2014. Wow247 are giving away a pair of weekend tickets for the festival, and all you need to do is visit their site and answer the question “Which of these acts is appearing at the festival?” (our advice – The Tenors of Rock). Entries close 23:59 on Saturday 31st May 2014.
WIN £100 TICKETMASTER VOUCHERS!
On a similarly musical theme, this weekend is the Eurovision Song Contest! Love it or hate it, we must all agree that it is an institution and a real event for the whole family! I have very fond memories of being a child, getting the special Eurovision supplement out of the Radio Times, and sitting down with my parents to watch the show and vote as we went along! These days things are a little different, and the contest has come under some criticism for strategic voting etc and for losing the legend that is Terry Wogan as host, but I still think it is a great way to spend a Saturday evening with the family!
To celebrate the contest The Prizefinder are running our own exclusive competition! How would you like to win £100 of Ticketmaster vouchers to spend on whatever you like! All you have to do is comment below with your guess of how many points the United Kingdom will get overall in this weekend’s final! All correct entries received by 19:00 on Saturday 10th May 2014 will go into the random draw to win the prize!
Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK residents aged 18 or over
- Entrants must be registered PrizeFinder users and logged in to their account
- Entrants must leave a blog comment with their guess of how many points the United Kingdom will get over the course of the Eurovision Song Contest Final 2014.
- Only one entry per person
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries
- The closing date is Saturday 10 May 2014 at 19:00
- The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date, and must confirm their postal address within 28 days or an alternative winner will be chosen
So, lots of music to your comping ears there - get stuck into the comps and have a guess at ours too! Lots of Lucky Dust to you all!
I'm going to go with 75
I`ll go for 82 points
I guess 15!
A massive 13 points for some crappy GB song
28 points x
sorry 5 points
Hmmm my completely uneducated guess is...43!
I think UK will get 62 points :)