Hello again everybody! A full week into June already, I know, I can’t believe it either! This time next week some of us will be celebrating all the father figures in our lives for Father’s Day! These days, we all know that this doesn’t necessarily mean our actual birth fathers – it can mean step fathers, uncles, grandfathers, even our mothers or our own husbands, partners and fathers of our children. What is important is that we take the time to recognise those people who have looked after us in our lives, and make them feel special for a day.
What will you be doing to celebrate? For me, my father lives too far away in Cambridgeshire to actually visit this year, but I will be sending him something thoughtful in the post and making sure I call and remind him I love him. We will also be celebrating at home with my own husband, I am sure our daughters will have made something suitably sparkly and hand-crafted at school and pre-school!
Father’s day is a great time for promoters to launch specific competitions too – offering everything from hampers, experience days and the obligatory ties and slippers. Here is a run-down of some of the competitions available to enter right now:
- Do you know someone who would appreciate a Flavourly Beer Box and some bar snacks this Father’s Day? I bet you do! To enter visit the Informed Edinburgh website and enter your details before midnight on 11th June 2014!
- Or maybe a cup of tea is more your dad’s thing – with a surprise twist! The set of 4 Incognito Creature Cups being offered by Primary Times will amuse the little ones in the house, and are sure to elicit a chuckle from dad too! To win 1 of 5 sets register with or log into the site and answer the question (our advice – a) green tea) before midnight on 11th June 2014.
- Would the father figure in your life like a new watch for his father’s Day gift? How about a luxury timepiece from Jorg Gray, courtesy of the Tanita Europe Facebook page! Simply like their page and enter via the app before midnight on 14th June 2014 to be in with a chance!
- Does your dad tell the best, funny or entertaining stories? Well they could bag him a hamper of goodies worth over £200 with Hotel Chocolat! Enter your dad’s best story, told in the most imaginative way using video, photos or plain text via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #InMyDay. Competition closes at midnight on 13th June 2014.
- Most young children like nothing better than to snuggle up with their daddies and have a book read to them. Baby World are offering a lovely set of Father’s Day inspired picture books in their latest competition, which will keep all the little ones happy for ages! Simply register or login to the site and enter before midnight on 30th June 2014 for a chance to win.
So, however you are celebrating Father’s day next weekend, let us know how you get on with the competitions!
SITE UPDATE NEWS – INCORRECT ANSWERS
Just a quick note to let you all know that, in response to useful feedback from our members, we have implemented a change to ThePrizeFinder site which means that if you think the answer to a competition question is incorrect, you can let us know and we will check it out! Now when you see a competition listing that requires an answer, next to the “Advice” section for that comp, you can click the “if the answer is wrong let us know” button and we will check this out for you, and correct the answer where necessary. We hope you find this a useful update, please do let us know!
Happy comping everyone, and lots of Lucky Dust to you all!