Morning everyone, hope you have had a lovely weekend! What did you get up to? Cowes Week finished up here this weekend, so we went to watch the famous fireworks and a display from the RAF Typhoons and the Red Arrows! It has been a brilliant week, even managed to enter all the competitions on offer too! Looking forward to getting back into some proper comping this week though, I have been getting withdrawal symptoms!
If you have little ones at home, how are the summer holidays treating you? Ours has been pretty good so far this year – no holiday for us, but we have been having lots of fun locally. We have a round of visiting families still to come, and we are only really half way through the six weeks. I have been pretty organised this year though, and both my girls (including my youngest who starts school in September) have complete new uniforms, drinks bottles, shoes and trainers already bought, labelled and squirreled away. We do still need to get new lunchboxes and pots though, so I am on the lookout for good comps for those. If you are still in need of back to school supplies, I have come up with a run-down of some of the best competitions available at the moment:
- Do you still need to get your little ones kitted out with school uniform? You need to be entering the Chat Magazine competition to win 1 of 5 £100 vouchers to spend on uniform at Aldi then! Register / log in and answer the question online (Our advice – 24th July 2014) by 21st August 2014 for a chance of winning! You can enter once per day until the closing date too!
- Do your little ones like to scoot to school? It’s a great way to get them doing some exercise twice a day isn’t it! Parentdish are giving away Micro Scooter sets including a scooter, helmet, bag and bottle holder to 2 lucky winners! Simply enter your details online by 10:00 on 22nd August 2014 and your child could be scooting with style this September.
- I am guessing £250 of Love2shop vouchers would probably cover kitting out your little ones this September with uniform, stationary and bags? If so, then you need to try and win the Go Compare Covered Mag competition that is offering just that as a prize! To enter you need to follow them on Twitter and tweet them telling them what job your little one wants to do when they leave school, along with their age using the hashtag #theirdreamjob by 16:00 on 22nd August 2014 for a chance of winning.
- Would winning a year’s supply of Start-rite shoes for your child help cut the cost of going back to school? I bet it would! Well, Start-rite are offering just that, in conjunction with their brand new TV advert. To enter simply watch the advert, find the hidden password (Our advice – school), and email it to them with your contact details by 8th September 2014.
- Is your child starting school for the first time this September, like mine is? I bet they would love the Ladybird Starting School Essentials pack being given away in their website comp. Fill in your details by 31st August 2014 to win your little one some great story and activity books with a starting school theme.
- Does your little one like making up and telling stories? If they do, then maybe getting them to enter the John Lewis “Splendid Story” competition would be a fun idea. They are asking children aged 3-11 to draw their story idea on the free downloadable storyboard on their website, and send it in by 19th September 2014. There are 3 age categories (3-5, 6-8, 9-11) with various tiers of winners and runners up proses available. The top 3 entries will win an iPad each and £150 of books for their school! Full details and terms can be found on their website.
Here’s hoping for some lovely Back to School wins! Happy comping, and lots of Lucky Dust to you all!