Hello everyone! How was your weekend, any nice prizes to report? 2 small wins for me on Friday – a Forever friends keyring from their twitter comp (will go nicely on my youngest daughter’s book bag), and a tube of aloe vera gel from the Holland & Barrett Facebook instant win – always handy to have in the house. Seeing more and more Christmas competitions already this year – more even than Halloween, which considering it isn’t very far away is surprising. How about you, are you happy to get a head start on Christmas coming, or is it all a bit early yet for you? For me, I like to get as much of a head start as I can – with comp prizes, vouchers, food ideas and supplies and anything else I can squirrel away. Living on the Island, we don’t have as many opportunities for shopping as maybe you do on the mainland – I will do a lot of my shopping online again this year. We do, as a family, do a couple of day trips to Southampton and Portsmouth during December, as treats to see the Christmas markets, as well as shopping tips. However, as I rule I like to have got the bulk of my preparations done by that point, so we can properly enjoy the season.
Is the weather cooling down where you are? Feels fresher here in the mornings certainly, and I am rather enjoying the evenings being cooler too. How do you like to spend the cooler evenings, when you aren’t comping of course? I like to bake, watch old 1940s movies, and I also like to read – when I get the chance! Being visually impaired, it is difficult for me to read print books anymore, so I use the Kindle app on my iPad. Do you prefer hard copy books, or are you an e-reader too? Would you like an eReader, but not managed to get hold of one yet, or would you like to stock up your hard copy book collection? Well, in this month’s comps round up, I should hopefully have something for everyone – whatever your taste in reading:
- Does your child have a creative mind, and would they like to win £100 of book tokens, I am sure they would! The Jacqueline Wilson website is celebrating Jacqueline’s 100th book this year, so in conjunction with National Book Tokens they are asking children aged 12 and over to design their own Jacqueline Wilson themed book token. One winner will win £100 of book tokens, and there will be five runners up who each received £10 of book tokens too. The comp closes at 18:00 on 25th September 2014, so they wll need to get their skates on to enter!
- Are your little ones book worms too? Would they like to win a Gruffalo bundle, including a 15th anniversary edition of the book, a DVD, a plush toy, puzzle, stationery and access to the new games app? To enter log onto the Baby on Board blog and fill in the Rafflecopter form by midnight on 28th September 2014. The only mandatory field is a blog comment, so get entering!
- Would you like to win one of the ever popular Amazon Kindles? Jazz Apples have one to give away in their latest comp. Simply pop over to their website and answer the question (Our Advice – Jane Austen) by 23:59 on Tuesday 30th September 2014 for a chance of winning one of your own.
- Are you a green-fingered comper? Would a bundle of gardening books help you take your gardening skills to the next level? Gardeners World are giving away a great bundle of books in their online comp, so head to the website and answer the question (Our advice – Lewis Carroll) by noon on Thursday 16th October 2014 to enter.
- How about winning an all singing, all dancing Kindle Fire HD worth £229? The Big Issue magazine have one to give away, along with a copy of The Mistletoe Bride and al you have to do to enter is to email the answer to the question (Our advice – Kate Mosse) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th December 2014 to win. If you would rather not receive future information or updates, make sure you include “OPT OUT” on your entry email.
So get stuck in, and do let us know how you get on!
Happy comping everyone, lots of Lucky Dust to you all!