Hello again everyone! How was your weekend, any nice wins to report? A couple of wins for me last week including another football from the Capital One comp, a relaxation CD from a blog comp and a case of beer from Morena Beer on twitter! Wins have been slow to arrive during January so far – total stands at 7 prizes so far this year, but the way I have been going about my comping has been slightly different I think. I haven’t been doing anywhere near as many social media or blog competitions, and have been focusing more on holiday and cash comps, and entering more puzzle mag comps and email entry ones too. I am hoping that this change in tactic may start to pay off when the bigger comps start to end – we will see anyway!
Are you all back into routine after the festive season now? We pretty much are with the girls’ after-school clubs all starting again this week, Brownies is back up and running and homework has recommenced! We are all back into having regular healthier, homemade meals now too. During Christmas we ate a lot of platters and buffets and seem to have had a plethora of snacks, crisps and chocolates. I think our stocks have pretty much run down now, so the temptations to snack are less! The children ate the last panettone this weekend, and the bag of crisps is looking rather lean. I did win some chocolate ginger biscuits this month though, so that rather went against my plans to get everyone back on the healthy eating – they were yummy though!
For me and the hubby we are back into getting fit again too – time to work off some of the well enjoyed weight gain from Christmas! How about you, do you like to get on a health & fitness kick after Christmas? If you do this week’s blog is perfect for you as I have compiled a run-down of some of the best fitness and healthy living comps around at the moment – take a look:
- One item on my Comping Wishlist at the moment is a fitness track – I would love one!” Look Magazine online are giving away 5 x Misfit Flash fitness trackers worth £49.99, and all you need to do is answer the question (Our advice – Seven) by midnight on 22nd January 2015, and you can enter once a day until the closing date too!.
- Do you like a more gentle detox and return to fitness during January? Psychologies are giving away a Cherry Good fitness and wellbeing detox package containing Cherry Good Light juice, a filtered water bottle, recipes, green tea and a yoga mat! To join in simply enter your details online by midnight on 29th January 2015.
- Do you like doing workout DVD at home? I do, I seem to have loads of them! The new “Davina 7 Minute Fit” looks fab as it includes eight specific workouts tailored to your fitness levels, as well as a dynamic stretch section and a cool down. There is also a fitness challenge to be done each week, so you can track your progress and see how you have improved. The Mum of One blog has a copy to give away at the moment and all you need to do is use the Rafflecopter widget before the closing date of midnight on 29th January 2015. There is a daily entry option too via twitter, for extra entries into the draw!
- Need some new workout clothes for your New Year exercise? Parentdish have a great comp to win a massive £200 of Sweaty Betty vouchers AND a pregnancy yoga kit! To win this fabulous package all you need to do is enter your details online by 10:00 on 30th January 2015 and you could be treating yourself to some lovely new workout clothes!
- Do you like to workout at home like we do? I am always looking for new DVD, workout programmes and accessories to help my fitness from home. My hubby would love the comp being run by Iron Gym on Facebook at the moment to win a home gym package including push up handles and arm & ab straps. To enter you need to Like the Facebook page and enter via the app by midnight on 31st January 2015.
- Would you like to win a whole fitness bundle worth over £500, consisting of a Carrera Crossfire 3 Hybrid bike, an Elite magnetic cycle trainer, a Mag trainer DVD, a Jawbone fitness tracker, a Kondor armband and other goodies? Halfords are giving away this awesome pack and to enter they want to see your fitness selfies! Take a picture of you post-workout and upload it via the Halfords Facebook app for a chance to win weekly prizes! Winners will be selected by Halfords judges, and entries close at 23:59 on 31st January 2015 so get sweating and get snapping!
- I always seem to be looking for tasty, low calorie meal and snack options this time of year. I was lucky enough to win the Tasty Little Numbers monthly competition last January, and was sent an amazing array of low-calorie chocolate bars, crisps and meals which were all extremely tasty and filling! To enter this month’s competition all you need to do is Follow and Retweet them on twitter by midnight on 31st January 2015 – good luck!
Happy comping everyone, and lots of Lucky dust to you all!
Hi Steve and welcome to the wonderful world of comping! We normally suggest an average of 100 comps a day over a period of 3 months before you start to see real results. However some people only focus on lower entry creative comps, so may do only 20-30 comps a day, whereas others stick with easy entry social media and blog comps and can do 200 a day! It really depends on the time you have available to you. for me I always start off with the comps ending that day, then I do all the holiday and short break comps (as that's my wish list item), then the daily entry ones I enter every day and I thenwork through my other wish list items and work on through the comps ending soonest. I also suggest trying to enter different type of comps- social media, online entry, email, postal, blog, so all your eggs aren't in one comping basket so to speak! Lots of Lucky Dust to you and looking forward to reading all your lovely wins!! x
Wow well done some lovely wins there! I do love the advents!x