Hello everyone! How was your weekend, any nice wins to report? Just one win for me so far for October – a retro looking coaster with a funky snail print on it! I won this from a Twitter competition and I engaged quite a bit with the promoter too, so I am convinced this may have had a positive impact on my winning. I find that it always pays to interact more than the minimum requirement with social media comps - add a reply or a comment as well as the share or retweet and it shows the promoter that you are interested in the prize and the company as a whole. Been another busy week here trying to get ahead for Christmas and planning for the fact that my eldest daughter will be having two weeks off shortly for her tonsillectomy. I am doing quite well with getting organised for Christmas though and the present cupboard is filling up - just need some nice prizes to add to it now too!
Well we are well and truly into October now and the weeks seem to be flying by. October is historically a good month for compers, as there are so many fab creative competitions that crop up for Halloween later in the month. If carving pumpkins and making Halloween party food is going to be filling up your comping time in a few weeks, why not take the time over the next week to complete some simpler entry Halloween-themed comps to stock up your party supplies, arrange some spooky outings or fill the chocolate cupboard! Here is a round-up of some of the nicest simple entry Halloween comps I have come across so far this year:
- At Halloween you can never have too many sweets in the house - both for trick or treaters or for family parties and scary movie nights. The Pinkoddy blog is giving away a lovely hamper of Haribo sweets in their latest competition which could solve all your sweets problems! The fantastic Haribo Trick or Treat Hamper, worth £60 contains a selection of Halloween themed products as well as a £50 voucher for a fancy dress retailer! To enter you need to interact with the Rafflecopter widget (blog comment is mandatory) by the closing date of 10th October 2015 and you can enter once per day too!
- Do you like to throw a Halloween party for your family or friends? Finding enough supplies to make the party really go with a bang can be difficult. Well look no further as UKMums.tv is giving away a brilliant spooky party pack including everything you need for a brilliant Halloween party. The prize pack includes candles, napkins, cups, pumpkin carving kit, cakes, marshmallows, sweets and much more! To enter you need to answer the question at the website (Our advice – Vampire) by the closing date of 12th October 2015.
- Why not combine a great family half term trip to Alton Towers with a Halloween treat by heading along to their Spooktacular Halloween event at the poplar theme park! The fantastic prize being given away by First News includes a one night stay for four people at one of the new Woodland Lodges in the Enchanted Village as well as two days entry to the theme park and water park, breakfast and evening meal. To enter you need to register with or log in at the website and answer the question (Our advice – Pumpkin) by the closing date of 15th October 2015.
- Do you taking the family on a spooky outing to the Edinburgh Dungeon to visit their Resurrectionists event? If you win the competition being run by The List you and three friends will be off to an exclusive VIP Halloween experience at the attraction where you will find out all about the deadly dealings of Edinburgh’s infamous body snatchers! To enter you need to supply your details via the link before the closing date of 16th October 2015 – if you dare!
- Maybe you like just a subtle Halloween flair to the house, without going too overboard? Montague Mills is giving away a lovely set comprising a Yankee Candle Halloween Jar plus a pumpkin or skull tea light holder in their current competition. To get involved you need to head over to the Facebook page and like and comment on the competition post by the closing date of 17th October 2015.
- Do you get lots of trick or treaters in your neighbourhood for Halloween? We don’t actually get very many here, but were we used to live in Somerset it was a very popular occasion. If you need to stock up on sweets for your local trick or treaters why not enter the competition being run by The Express to win a hamper of Swizzels sweets! The winner will receive a fabulous bundle of spooky sweets including favourites such as refreshers and drumsticks, as well as Halloween themed goodies! To join in simply supply your details at the website before the closing date of 25th October 2015.
- Halloween tends to coincide with half term too, so why not take the time to spend some quality time together as a family – maybe with a games night! Netmums can help as they are giving away 10 bundles of scary games including Ghost Hunt Evolution and Creepy Hand, a spooky take on Truth or Dare! To win this fab prize bundle for the family simply enter your details at the website by the closing date of 31st October 2015 – ghoulishly good fun!”
Happy creepy comping everyone, and lots of Lucky dust to you all!