Hello everyone! How was your weekend, any nice wins to report? After a little moan to the Comping Fairy I managed to win three prizes last week – a bottle of sparking Rose wine from First Cape on Facebook, a pretty “Love Is…” art print from Art You Grew Up With on Facebook and a 90:10 men’s hoodie from the My Moneys Don’t Sit Still Blog. I am very pleased in particular with the hoodie win, as I had really hoped to win this for my hubby – there were also over 4,000 entries for this one so rather chuffed! A hoodie for the hubby is one thing off my Comping Wish List – let’s hope I can tick a few more off going forward! How about you, have you ticked off any of your 2015 prizes yet?
Whether you celebrate it or not, it is very difficult to ignore the fact that it is Valentine’s Day this weekend. The shops are full of pink and red coloured cards, chocolates, flowers and gifts. My email inbox is bulging with Valentine’s special offers and bargains, and the TV is full of florists trying to sell beautiful bouquets. As a rule we aren’t really that fussed about Valentine’s Day here – our wedding anniversary is in January and the anniversary of the day we met is in early February, so by the time we get to Valentine’s we have had all our special dates, meals and gifts! That being said Valentine’s is a great time for compers, with lots of great competitions, usually with some kind of creative theme, making them lower entry too. Here is a run-down of some of the best Valentine’s comps I have come across so far:
- Having lived in the West Country for some years, as a family we are big chees fans! We would love to win the Valentine’s prize being given away by Pong Cheese – it consists of a heart shaped cheese box, as well as Thomas J Fudge biscuits for cheese! To enter they want to hear your best short poem or one liner dedicated to your loved one, with a cheese twist – or even to cheese itself! Submit your entry via social media and use the hashtag #cheeselove by midnight tonight – Monday 9th February 2015 – for your chance to win!
- What does love mean to you? Get your thinking caps on and you could be bagging a Spa Retreat for 2 plus an Afternoon Tea for 2 experience. Pop over to the Virgin Experience Days Facebook page and tell them what Love Is to you – impulsive gestures, simple moments or something else? Entries close at midnight on 11th February 2015 – Good luck!
- Fancy treating your loved one to a day at a spa this Valentine’s? Enter the competition being run by Spar and you could be whisking them off to a spa of your choice, with a Spa Day voucher to the value of £100. To enter you need to upload your best photograph of you and your loved one at the website, by midnight on 12th February 2015 – so get snapping!
- How about taking your significant other, or your bestie, out for a slap up meal this Valentine’s? Enter the ipostparcels.com “#Pout4Pete” giveaway ad you could win a £80 voucher to use in a range of high street restaurants. There are even 5 runners up prizes of £10 Amazon vouchers to be won. To enter you need to share your best pouting picture or video to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Vine and use the hashtag #Pout4Pete. Entries close at 15:00 on 13th February 2015, and the winner will be announced live on the YouTube stream that day.
- Do you enjoy romantic short breaks? It’s something that’s on my Comping Wish List this year, right at the top! Share your best romantic short break photos with SuperBreak and you could be winning a luxury two night trip to Paris, including return Eurostar travel. Enter via the website or social media by midnight on 13th February 2015 for a chance to win.
- Valentine’s selfies don’t have to be about our significant others though – they can be about whatever makes us get butterflies or our knees go weak. Maybe it’s your children, your pets or even a big chocolate cake! Share your “Love Is” selfie with The Perfume Shop on Facebook, and you could win a fantastic perfume bundle. Entries close at midnight on 15th February 2015.
Keep your eyes peeled later in the week too, as Valentine’s creative comps have a habit of coming out all through the week before Valentines.
Happy Valentine’s comping everyone, and lots of Lucky dust to you all!