Hello everyone! How was your weekend, any nice wins to report? Nothing new here to report, but been a very busy week last week full of school commitments, medical appointments and work – not enough spare time to comp really! Still, End of Month comps aren’t far away now, so best crack on with those! Still desperately trying to win that elusive holiday – how about you, what is your comping mission at the moment? I had my girls doing a few comps over Easter too, so they are excitedly awaiting the results of those! I have also been trying to track down more local competition too by googling things like “win competitions Cowes” and “competition Isle of wight”. Do you like to enter local comps too? They are generally lower entry, which I like, so the odds of winning are increased.
The sun has been shining hard this last week – managed some lovely walks out, masses of washing dried outside and aired the whole house with the windows open. I love the spring – not too cold that you always need a coat, but not so hot that you overheat just walking on the school run. Springtime does make me start to plan for the summer though – getting ideas for activities, days out and jobs that need doing over the summer holidays. My husband and I, being self-employed, will still be working over the summer but I do try and get us organised so that we work early and late, leaving the bulk of the day free to do family activities and trips.
One thing I really want to do with the children this year is to take them to a festival of some sort. We aren’t really ones for roughing it up to our necks in a field full of mud, but we are all very much into music of all sorts and I think it would be a good experience for the children to hear some live music, other than what they hear on the Island. I am on the lookout for comps for tickets to some of the more family-friendly festivals, such as Camp Bestival, and if you are hoping to win some live music themed prizes this year too here is a round-up of some of the best ones I have found so far:
- If you live in London chances are you know Ministry of Sound, even if you haven’t been there. I used to live right around the corner when I was a youngster, but never managed to go! If dance music is your thing you will love the prize being given away by Marie Claire magazine at the moment. Sunday 3rd May 2015 see’s Ministry of Sound hosting the Def Mix Day & Night party, and you and 4 friends could be there! Register with or log in at the website and answer the question (Our advice – New York) by the closing date of 23rd April 2015 and you and your friends could be sat at a VIP table overlooking the main dancefloor at the club with a bottle of champagne, some shots, VIP cloakroom service and fast track entry – worth over £500! You can even enter daily until the closing date for extra chances to win.
- Do you know a Scottish Take That fan? Clydesdale Bank haa just the comp for you! They are giving away a pair of VIP tickets to see Take That at The SSE Hydro on 1st or 2nd May 2015. To enter you need to visit their Facebook page and tell them who you nominate to be Centre Stage and explain why they deserve a VIP night out. The winner and their nominated guest will enjoy a pair of seated tickets to the show and access to the VIP Hydro bar. Entries close at 23:59 on 26th April 2015 so get your nominations in!
- The New Look Wireless Festival is celebrating its 10th year this year, and returns to London’s Finsbury Park on 3rd – 5th July. Headlining acts include Drake, Mary J Blige, David Guetta and Nicki Minaj, and you and a friend could be there too! Look are giving away a pair of VIP weekend tickets, a meal for 2 at the BBQ restaurant HotBox and a £100 New Look voucher to get all your festival clothes too! To enter register with or log in at the website and answer the question (Our advice - Nicki Minaj) by the closing date of 29th April 2015, and you can enter every day until that date for more entries.
- Still one of the biggest UK summer festivals has to be Glastonbury. They have had some of the biggest names in the music industry, and it continues to draw amazingly large crowds every year. If you would like to go and experience what it is like to attend such a huge music festival then head over to the eFestivals website, where they are giving away a pair of tickets to this year’s sold out event. To enter register or log in at the website and answer the question (Our advice - Kanye West) by the closing date of midnight on 7th May 2015.
- If you like your musical events to include cannons, fireworks and cavalry then Britain Magazine could have the comp for you! They are giving away 6 x pairs of tickets to a venue of your choice in the UK’s classical picnic proms series, Battle Proms. Visit the website and answer the question (Our advice – 200) by the closing date of midnight on 8th May 2015 and you could be enjoying some spectacular classical music in the grounds of some of the country’s most glorious stately homes, such as Blenheim Palace, Hatfield House or Ragley Hall.
- Were you a big Ska fan in the 1980s? I was a bit young to remember it, but am definitely a Ska fan these days, as are my hubby and children! We are all big fans of people like Bad Manners, The Specials and Madness, and we would love to win the prize being given away by the SoGlos website. Visit the website and answer the question (Our advice – 15) by the closing date of midnight on 18th May 2015 and you could be meeting and greeting Madness themselves at their concert at Kingsholm Stadium in Gloucester this summer. So get your autograph book at the ready, slip on your baggy trousers and you could be winning this fabulous prize!
Happy comping everyone, and lots of Lucky dust to you all!