Hello everyone! How was your weekend, any nice wins to report? Still no wins here for June so far, but can’t moan as I really haven’t been comping as much as I should. The weather has been so glorious here on the Island that any free moment has been spent out and about enjoying all that the area has to offer. We were even fortunate enough to see the Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Anne and Prince Edward on Friday, as they were on the Island to celebrate 200 years of the Royal Yacht Squadron in Cowes. We took the children down to see them and were treated to a fantastic display from the band of the Royal Marines too – spectacular!
June seems to be marching on rather quickly, and there are only six weeks now until the children break up for the summer – eek! The next big thing to plan for here though is Father’s Day which occurs this year on Sunday 21st June 2015. Do you like to make a big fuss of your partner, father or father figure in your life on father’s day? The shops will be full of cards, chocolates and anything football, gardening and golf related over the next few weeks! For my own father I shall be sending him a nice card, with some homemade ones from the girls and maybe something cowboy themed, as he is a mad fan of old cowboy movies.
One thing you can count on leading up to Father’s Day is that there will be lot of lovely competitions – some of which will be creative entry with promoters wanting to hear about how special your father is, seeing photos of you and your father and reading your poems and dad jokes. Remember to keep a file with your Father’s Day photos and tie breakers in as well, so you can use your entry for multiple competitions and even for coming years! With this in mind here is my pick of the best Father’s Day comps for this year so far:
- Is your dad a fan of US snacks such as root beer, buttermilk pancakes and hot fries? American Soda UK is giving away a fabulous gift pack of US products in their Father’s Day Instagram comp. Upload a photo of your dad to Instagram tagging @americansoda and using the hashtag #asdads before the closing date of 12th June 2015 for a chance to win.
- Maybe you would like to win £100 to spend with All by Mama to purchase your dad some beautiful homewares and gifts including personalised prints, chocolates, cushions or a breakfast in bed kit. The Honest Mum Blog is giving away this gift voucher and all you need to do to enter the comp is use the Rafflecopter widget on their website by the closing date of 13th June 2015.
- Does your dad have a sweet tooth – I know mine does! The Melanie’s Fab Finds blog is giving away a box of personalised choccies from Getting Personal, sure to satisfy the sweetest of teeth this Father’s Day. To join in the comp use the Rafflecopter widget (Twitter follow is mandatory) at the website before the closing date of 13th June 2015 - there is a daily entry option too!
- Does your dad deserve to win a £50 Homescape voucher? He could treat himself to some new garden accessories, home storage or even some fancy new homewares. Simply comment on the blog why your dad deserves to win and a winner will be chosen on 18th June 2015.
- If you would like to win an iPad Air for your own significant other (or yourself) get the kids involved and ask them to draw a picture of dad for the Spar competition, and you could be winning a fab new tablet for their efforts. The winner is chosen at random and the closing date is 21st June 2015.
- Fancy winning dad a whole bunch of personalised gifts from Gone Digging such as an engraved gardening tool set and wooden crate for gardening dad, a personalised apron and pizza board for foodie dad or maybe an engraved business card holder and money clip for workaholic dad. To enter you need to send a dad selfie either with you and your dad or your dad and your own children, as long as it tums up what you think fatherly love is. Submit your entry across social media using the hashtag #dadandme by the closing date of midnight on 21st June 2015 to enter.
Happy comping everyone, and lots of Lucky dust to you all!