Hello everyone! How was your weekend, any nice wins to report? I had a couple of surprise wins turn up last week of a dancing “Oh” toy from the movie “Home”, and believe it or not a bumper pack of Stud Muffins horse treats! The things you win from entering competitions, eh? Well the summer holidays are well and truly upon us now, do you have little people at home at the moment too? My girls have been off for a full week and the novelty of being home has begun to wear off already. The youngest would gladly go back to school now, and the eldest would spend all her days at the swimming pool given the choice. Do you find it difficult to juggle having the children home during the summer, especially if you work outside the home?
My comping definitely has to take a back seat somewhat during the summer holidays, as we spend as much time as can outdoors or trying to spend time as a family. However summer holidays are a great way to get your children and grandchildren involved in your comping hobby too – especially if the weather isn’t as nice as we had hoped. There are always loads of great competitions that are aimed at children at this time of year, and most of them have a creative element that might keep them busy for a while too! I have had a trawl round and have come up with some great competitions to keep the kiddos busy this summer, and maybe even give you time for a crafty cuppa:
- Those of you that have been reading my blog for a while will know that I was desperate to win a holiday to Lapland last year, and was entering every competition possible! I will be trying just as hard this year, and am ever hopeful of being able to whisk the family off to meet Santa and enjoy some fun in the snow. To start me off on my mission Disney have a great competition to win a four night Frozen themed family trip to Lapland! Two lucky families will enjoy return flights to Lapland, B&B hotel accommodation, snow village activities, festive dinner, husky dog sled safari, all meals, thermal suit hire, Christmas gifts and a visit to see Santa himself! To enter this once in a lifetime comp you need to download the paper props from the website and use them to stage a fabulous family photo! Entries need to be in by 16:00 on 7th August 2015, so you don’t have very long to plan for this one!
- Do you enjoy camping with the family, maybe going to festivals together? White Stuff has a great competition for you in that case, whereby your child can see their very own design made up into a FieldCandy tent! Print out the summer activity booklet (or just page 8 if you are only interested in the comp) and get your child aged under 16 to go wild and design their own perfect tent! Post your entry off before the deadline of 23rd August 2015 for a chance of winning this unique prize!
- Both my girls both enjoying drawing, especially nature and animals. If you have little nature lovers in your house too they might want to try their luck at entering the RSPB competition to win a £100 art git voucher. The competition requires children aged 0-7, 8-12 or 13+ to send in their bright and colourful pictures of the wildlife around them (no animals from zoos, in cages or pets). The three top prize winners will each receive a £100 art gift voucher, as well as having their pictures exhibited in a top London art exhibition. Six runners up will also receive a £25 art voucher each. Each child can submit a maximum of three entries, so get drawing and submit your pictures by 28th August 2015.
- Do you live in London, like to visit or are you maybe planning your first visit this summer? We took the family to London in February this year, and we all had a brilliant time sightseeing and soaking up the atmosphere. If your child would like to draw one of the iconic Southbank attractions, such as the London Eye, the Sea Life Centre London or the Southbank Centre itself then they could be winning themselves some fabulous Southbank Prizes. Entrants must submit their art work to one of the age categories of 4-7, 8-11 or 12-14 and prizes for the best entries include a family ticket with London Duck Tours, a family ticket to the Sea Life London Aquarium, a family film viewing at the BFi or a family trip to the Old Vic theatre. Entries need to be in by 30th August 2015.
- Do you have a budding chef at home? My eldest loves to watch Masterchef and Junior Bake Off and would love to have a go at the competition being run by Love Your Greens. Ask you little Jamie Oliver or Nigella Lawson to come up with a recipe including brassicas, and they could be wining themselves a fantastic Asus tablet for themselves and £300 for their school too! From broccoli to cauliflower, sprouts to swede there are plenty of vegetables to give them inspiration, so get cooking! Entrants need to be aged under 18 and submit their recipe and photo by 31st August 2015.
- Do you know someone who is a huge Lego fan, or maybe they are fanatical about space? Either way I bet they would love to win the prize being given away by NG Kids this summer. If your little engineer fancies designing a piece of equipment to take on a space mission, they could be winning themselves a host of prizes including a complete set of Lego City space, plus a family pass to the National Space Centre in Leicester. The design can either be built out of Lego or drawn onto paper but entries need to be in by 1st September 2015 – that should keep them busy for the summer!
Happy summer comping everyone, and lots of Lucky dust to you all!