Hello everyone! How was your weekend, any nice wins to report? Nothing new to report here, but we did seem to spend the entire week last week taking the kids to swimming lessons and practice, taekwondo class and supervising homework. We may not have had any actual competition wins, but both my girls have had great weeks of achievements – my youngest won four swimming awards and my eldest got two swimming awards and passed her first taekwondo belt grading. So, whilst there might not be any new prizes coming into the house, there has been a lot of extra confidence and smiles! I am hoping after-school commitments might calm down a bit now, leaving me a bit more time for actual comping! Have you found yourself comping less now the kids are back at school and taking over our free-time again?
By the time the kids go to bed at the moment and we sit down after tea I am looking at at least 8pm. I must admit my comping mojo hasn’t been at its best and I have found myself just wanting to curl up with a good book and relax for a bit. If you love to snuggle up with a new book, or revisit an old favourite I have some great books & eBooks comps for you to enter this week:
- Do you like the idea of having all your books in one digital place, ready for you to take with you wherever you go? Ryvita is giving away 5 x a fabulous 6” Kindle eReader with touch screen and Wi-Fi! Perfect for taking time out reading in bed, at the beach or wherever the mood takes you. This lightweight gadget means you will never be short of something to read, and each lucky winner will also win a hamper of tasty Ryvita goodies! To enter simply supply your details at the website before the closing date of midnight on 30th September 2015.
- Kids; books can be really expensive, right? Especially school books – the older they get the more expensive they seem to get too! To help cut the cost of the back to school book bill, Made For Mums are giving away 3 x a Collins book bundles worth over £100 each! Each pack will be tailored to each of the winner’s children’s ages and stages at school, so there is plenty of scope to get your hands on a brilliant bundle for your little ones. To enter you need to register with or log in at the website and answer the question (Our advice – adorable) by the closing date of 23:50 on 15th September 2015.
- Books are a lovely thing to keep as an heirloom, or as a beautiful conversation piece. The Lady website is giving away a gorgeous set of Folio Society books, containing beautiful illustrations which would make idea coffee table centrepieces. The collection also includes a signed copy of “Beloved” by Toni Morrison, widely recognised as one of the most important American novels. To be in with a chance of winning simply enter your details at the website by the closing date of 23:59 on 17th September 2015.
- Did you know it was officially Roald Dhal day yesterday (13th September 2015)? My daughters are both big fans of the humorous books, and I remember reading them all at school too – the stories come flooding back when I hear the girls reading them today! If you would like to win your little one (or you!) a collection of Dahl’s classic books simply head over to the We Buy Books Facebook page, like the competition post and leave a comment with your favourite of Roald Dahl’s books! The competition ends on 18th September 2015, so good luck!
- My girls are veracious readers and get through tons of books – thank goodness for the local library! Winning the competition being run by Netmums would be a great help too, as they are giving away 3 x a 12 month membership to Reading Chest. As a member of this great new scheme each winner will have a constant supply of new books, perfectly suited to their child’s age and reading level, straight to their home. The idea is to bridge the gap between home and school reading, providing members with regular deliveries of popular reading scheme books including Oxford reading Tree and Collins Big Cat. To be in with a chance of winning you need to supply your details at the website before the closing date of 23:59 on 30th September 2015.
- Fancy winning your older child their own Kindle to read their favourite books on? Pop Fun Magazine is giving one lucky winner the chance to receive a Kindle Fire tablet, plus a bundle of Hatch n Heroes toys. To enter they need to play the drag n drop game at the website – there are no age restrictions but the “date of birth” section of the form only allows people born from 1992 onwards to enter! Entries close at 23:59 on 6th October 2015 – good luck!
Happy comping (and reading) everyone and lots of Lucky dust to you all!