It’s Pancake Day on Tuesday 4 March 2014 - a great opportunity for promoters to run short-lived competitions on blogs, twitter and Facebook. They’ll usually want your recipes, topping/filling suggestions and photos of your creative pancake designs, or even your tossing talents!
We’ve already found a few pancake competitions that have launched early:
- Nisa and Betty Crocker are giving away a VIP trip to London, plus 5 hampers for runners up. To enter, send a photo of your pancakes (the crazier the better!) to email@example.com along with your name and address - AND complete the entry form on the Nisa website. Closes on 9 March 2014.
- Win a year’s supply of pancakes (52!) from CrepeAffaire - to enter, fill out the form at the Bluffers site and either Retweet or Share three of their posts before 10 March 2014.
- Lots of bloggers are giving away Abra-ca-Debora pancake hampers in Rafflecopter giveaways - try Renbehan (closes 4 March), Lavender & Lovage (closes 10 March), or at Food I fancy (closes 9 March)
- Raspberry Brûlée are also giving away an Abra-ca-Debora hamper - to enter you need to comment here with your best pancake recipe. Closes 28 February 2014.
We’re also running our own fun Pancake Day competition here at The PrizeFinder. Entry is easy - just log in to your account and leave us a comment on this blog post telling us the SILLIEST pancake filling or topping you can think of! The one we consider to be the funniest or most ridiculous will receive a £50 voucher for the supermarket of their choice!
Closing date is Monday 3rd March, so we can announce our winner on Pancake Day!
Terms and Conditions
1. Open to UK residents aged 18 or over
2. Entrants must be registered PrizeFinder users and logged in to their account
3. Entrants must leave a blog comment with their silliest suggestion for a pancake filling or topping.
4. Only one entry per person
5. The winner will be chosen at random
6. The closing date is 3rd March 2014 at 23.59
7. The winner will be announced on Pancake Day on our Facebook page and contacted by email
8. Winner must confirm their postal address and choice of supermarket within 28 days or an alternative winner will be chosen
You could have double bacon cheeseburger on pancake with cornflakes
big mac and fries
nutella and marmite..surely no-one's cup of tea
Lemon meringue pie
Silly string and helium - that would make you laugh.
Fish and chips
pickled eggs and tomato ketchup
Cat litter and bacon but not smoked mind otherwise it smothers the flavour of the kitty litter can top with jam too :-)
Grated Carrots and chocolate spread!
Cavier, cockles and oysters
Peanut butter and jam
Sprouts, chocolate and pickled onions!
Whipped cream with Tangtastics sweets added.
Cauliflower cheese with crispy bacon and lots of runny cheese sauce. Yummy
Tuna Mayo and Haribo :)
marmite and ginger biscuits - supposedly an original treat but very odd!
Cheese and marmite with maple syrup!
The silliest that l can think of is Brussels sprouts, strawberry jelly and a sprinkle of cinnamon. This is not a tried and tested recipe...thankfully! x
mashed up Tunnocks caramel wafer ,sprinkled with irn bru
Yellow fish and butter beans
Tuna flakes with maple syrup...
Honey Dew Melon and Peanut Butter. I wonder if that will taste... ermmm?
Marmite & mascarpone which is surprisingly delicious :)
Yorkshire pudding, beef, gravy, roast potatoes and sprouts
Its pancake day for our pets too, how about a nice cat food pancake
Daffodils and mini-eggs!