Ding dong merrily on high… the Advent comps are here! Set those alarms early for 24 days of mayhem in the lead up to Christmas Day. We've got the 12 Days of Christmas, the Advent countdown, the daily December prizes, the weekly wish list wins - any excuse for promoters to bombard us with multiple prizes throughout the festive season! And compers are mad for the Advents, with thousands of us entering daily to win anything from a bar of soap to an iPad!
Here at The PrizeFinder we try and find as many Advent comps as we possibly can, and collate them all in the Advent section (which you can access from the side menu). Some of these are live already - most of them will kick off tomorrow on 1st December, and a few will start on Monday 2nd December or later. For the festive season we're making an exception and listing Like & Share competitions - but we ARE contacting pages to let them know that these aren't allowed on Facebook, and several of the pages have already adjusted their requirements to a Like/Comment, which makes it easier for them to choose a winner fairly.
Before diving in to the Advents, make sure you're registered with us, then log in and check your 'Customise Listings' settings. Here are a few tips:
- Ensure that 'Hide Visited Competitions' is NOT checked. Otherwise the competition will be hidden after your first entry, and won't be listed again the following day!
- If you don't enter Facebook or Twitter competitions, hide these by ticking the boxes to 'Hide Facebook competitions' and 'Hide Twitter competitions'.
- If you'll be popping back a few times during the day to do your Advents, click 'Entered' on the comps you've done - this will reset at midnight so you can do the same the next day! (please note, we have a temporary problem with the Tracker that means it ISN'T resetting the Advents. We hope to fix it soon)
- Check the extra information we give in the listings - some competitions include daily offers in addition to prizes, some prizes will have to be collected, and some competitions only run on weekdays or alternate days.
- If time is limited, it makes sense to choose your top Advent comps - perhaps the ones with the biggest prizes, or the ones that are fun to enter - and add them to your own Bookmarks folder. In the 'Customise Listings' section, close to view listings 'by Date Added'. Then each time you visit www.theprizefinder.com, you'll see the most recent additions to the Advent section at the top of the page, and can bookmark any new ones that you fancy.
Finally, don't get stressed! Comping should be fun, and we all know that December is a busy month anyway, with less comping time available. Most people start on the Advents and lose interest partway through, so you might want to dedicate a bit more time after the middle of December when a lot of compers' attention will be waning. OR simply ignore the Advents completely and enjoy photo comps, radio comps, local comps, Pinterest comps…. all of these will be low entry while everyone else concentrates on the dailies.
Thanks guys. Fantastic advice, as always!!!
I for get to log in some times :( but the comps go black the ones I click on so I no witch one witch but dos it matter that I don't log in ??
No, you don't have to log in Craig - but we do like to encourage people to register with us!
This is my first time advent comping, so excited....good luck everyone. Xx
Excellent tips - I did quite well in last years advents, so I hope to better it this year.
Good luck everyone :)
My first year of Advents too - good luck everyone!
OMG! thats amazing Well done the day isn't even over yet!
It's my first time too. It was a bit over whelming to begin with now I know what all the hype is about!
Good luck for more wins abbykacz :)
I enter most comps at 7 in the morning before work and save for later all those that start later, I also 'ignore' the ones I don't want to enter on a daily basis then its a lot quicker, not having to visit 400 sites when I'm only going to enter 100 or so.
This has worked great until today when the ignore and save for later flags have been reset.
Is this going to happen every day or is it just a one off?
not won anything yet but there's still time so fingers crossed. merry Christmas everyone