It’s Pancake Day on Tuesday 4 March 2014 - a great opportunity for promoters to run short-lived competitions on blogs, twitter and Facebook. They’ll usually want your recipes, topping/filling suggestions and photos of your creative pancake designs, or even your tossing talents!
We’ve already found a few pancake competitions that have launched early:
- Nisa and Betty Crocker are giving away a VIP trip to London, plus 5 hampers for runners up. To enter, send a photo of your pancakes (the crazier the better!) to email@example.com along with your name and address - AND complete the entry form on the Nisa website. Closes on 9 March 2014.
- Win a year’s supply of pancakes (52!) from CrepeAffaire - to enter, fill out the form at the Bluffers site and either Retweet or Share three of their posts before 10 March 2014.
- Lots of bloggers are giving away Abra-ca-Debora pancake hampers in Rafflecopter giveaways - try Renbehan (closes 4 March), Lavender & Lovage (closes 10 March), or at Food I fancy (closes 9 March)
- Raspberry Brûlée are also giving away an Abra-ca-Debora hamper - to enter you need to comment here with your best pancake recipe. Closes 28 February 2014.
We’re also running our own fun Pancake Day competition here at The PrizeFinder. Entry is easy - just log in to your account and leave us a comment on this blog post telling us the SILLIEST pancake filling or topping you can think of! The one we consider to be the funniest or most ridiculous will receive a £50 voucher for the supermarket of their choice!
Closing date is Monday 3rd March, so we can announce our winner on Pancake Day!
Terms and Conditions
1. Open to UK residents aged 18 or over
2. Entrants must be registered PrizeFinder users and logged in to their account
3. Entrants must leave a blog comment with their silliest suggestion for a pancake filling or topping.
4. Only one entry per person
5. The winner will be chosen at random
6. The closing date is 3rd March 2014 at 23.59
7. The winner will be announced on Pancake Day on our Facebook page and contacted by email
8. Winner must confirm their postal address and choice of supermarket within 28 days or an alternative winner will be chosen
bacon, mushrooms and egg with brown sauce pancakes!!
Dairy lea with marmite
I like pancakes whatever the topping
My Pancake filling is Fish, Chips & Mushy peas!
marmite and spaghetti hoops....together, which is what my daughter asked for when she was a toddler.....
Boiled egg and fois gras pancakes!
Meatball & Banana Sundae
Whipped cream and Jelly Babies
Try marshmallows, swede covered in piri piri sauce!
It would have to be marmite and strawberry jam-bleurgh
Pureed avocado and mango
Gummie Bears =D.
The silliest topping - how about chips and brown sauce?!?! I don't know I'd like that. It's a super fun idea and might just do a silly topping menu for the pancakes for everybody and then they can all join in the fun. Also fun would be to use the pancake as a pizza base add the tomatoe paste, cheese, ham and mushroom - my son is actually nodding go for that idea. To finish off with hhmmmm pancakes and crushed malteser topping and a whip of cream. Three course pancakes - yeah! Thanks
Tomato Ketchup and BBQ Sauce has to be a pretty silly (if not disgusting) pancake filling
March 4th is my birthday! Although pancakes might make a great alternative to birthday cake having candles as a topping might look pretty silly - especially the amount I'd need!
I recommend ghost chillis and chocolate, yummy pancakes with a bite
Peanut Butter and Pilchard Pancakes!
Peanut butter and Jelly Babies?
I've had Raspberry Ripple Ice cream in a pancake before
daftest: tomato soup
Rhubarb and Custard
the silliest suggestion i can think of for a filling is when last year my little boy asked for cheese and ketchup on his lol i said no you have lemon and sugar or syrup but he insisted so i made him a hot pancake then filled it with cheese and ketchup he loved it and asked for another lol i had to have a try and when i did it was actually quite tasty :) hubby even asked me to make him one to haha strangest pancake day ever. Ill be making sure there's no cheese in the fridge this time round though x
Brie and bacon!
The Pink Panther
Pancake filled with sliced pink grapefruit, smoked salmon, chopped ham, Percy pigs, pawns smothered in strawberry jam, topped with candy floss and sprinkles.