It’s Pancake Day on Tuesday 4 March 2014 - a great opportunity for promoters to run short-lived competitions on blogs, twitter and Facebook. They’ll usually want your recipes, topping/filling suggestions and photos of your creative pancake designs, or even your tossing talents!
We’ve already found a few pancake competitions that have launched early:
- Nisa and Betty Crocker are giving away a VIP trip to London, plus 5 hampers for runners up. To enter, send a photo of your pancakes (the crazier the better!) to email@example.com along with your name and address - AND complete the entry form on the Nisa website. Closes on 9 March 2014.
- Win a year’s supply of pancakes (52!) from CrepeAffaire - to enter, fill out the form at the Bluffers site and either Retweet or Share three of their posts before 10 March 2014.
- Lots of bloggers are giving away Abra-ca-Debora pancake hampers in Rafflecopter giveaways - try Renbehan (closes 4 March), Lavender & Lovage (closes 10 March), or at Food I fancy (closes 9 March)
- Raspberry Brûlée are also giving away an Abra-ca-Debora hamper - to enter you need to comment here with your best pancake recipe. Closes 28 February 2014.
We’re also running our own fun Pancake Day competition here at The PrizeFinder. Entry is easy - just log in to your account and leave us a comment on this blog post telling us the SILLIEST pancake filling or topping you can think of! The one we consider to be the funniest or most ridiculous will receive a £50 voucher for the supermarket of their choice!
Closing date is Monday 3rd March, so we can announce our winner on Pancake Day!
Terms and Conditions
1. Open to UK residents aged 18 or over
2. Entrants must be registered PrizeFinder users and logged in to their account
3. Entrants must leave a blog comment with their silliest suggestion for a pancake filling or topping.
4. Only one entry per person
5. The winner will be chosen at random
6. The closing date is 3rd March 2014 at 23.59
7. The winner will be announced on Pancake Day on our Facebook page and contacted by email
8. Winner must confirm their postal address and choice of supermarket within 28 days or an alternative winner will be chosen
MARSHMELLOW FLUFF AND SPRINKLES!!!
When I was a child, my friends dad used to make us rainbow pancakes using food colouring, and rainbow cookie cutters. These were by far my favourite pancakes (and the would be lavished with lots of maple syrup)
Smelly fish and ice cream and red hot chillies covered in oil lol nasty or what sounds sick to me
Dairylea and Peanut Butter
Chicken Tikka Masala not wait actually that's a great filling :)
Sausage, egg and chips!! yummy
Cadburys cream egg melted with choc spread and galaxy to garnish :)
Peanut butter, jam bacon and tomoatoes
well if you want a nice tasting pancake then it would be .... rose petals with rose flavour ice cream with a sprinkle of popping candy i bet that would be quite nice but if you just want a silly and never before would you try it suggestion then it would be liquorice and marmite yuck !!!
Spaghetti hoops. Very messy affair!
Piccalilli and chopped coconut mushrooms
scrambled eggs and trifle
Chai ice-cream and George Clooney. Since that may be construed as being inappropriate, and also maybe that it is fairly impossible, I could settle for only Chai ice-cream.
Bananas with bacon, licorice, mint sauce and skittles
YUMMY... (ok maybe not so much)
salt and pepper with roast sprouts
Black pudding and marmalade - much nicer than it sounds
Brussel sprouts with chocolate sauce topped with popping candy
Sardines with chocolate sauce!
Dusted with stardust
Sure to "spell"
Pickle and peanut butter
Fish paste pancakes with chocolate and strawberries
2 year old Sochi snow. (Hot. Cool. Yours!!)
Strangest one i can think of would be spag bol with chilli and cheese (might be strange but might actaually be tasty ) who knows? who is willing to find out? NOT ME , i will stick to jiffy lemon and sugar xxx
Sweet Cottage cheese in the middle, rolled, then sour cream and sugar on top. My favourite!!!
you can't beat peanut butter and beetroot!
Pancake topped with chicken vindaloo and then crunched poppadoms with a dollop of mango chutney and mint yogurt sauce dotted all over.